OSPA has significantly revised the Responsible and Ethical Conduct of Research Training section of the Sponsored Programs Procedure Guide (SPPG). Please review the full text and take note of the following:
· The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) has added training in RCR to its Research Terms and Conditions. As with National Science Foundation (NSF) awards, OSPA will monitor compliance with the training requirement and contact PIs and project personnel as needed.
· NSF and National Institutes of Health (NIH) RCR requirements are unchanged; however, revisions in the SPPG intend to clarify the distinctions among the three agency policies. Note in particular that each agency’s policy defines differently which project personnel must complete training.
· The CITI RCR Training page is also newly revised.
A couple of other notes:
· More Quick Links! Similar to the new ePSRS Security Changes and New Sponsor Request Form pages introduced recently (see below), please use a new-and-improved request process for the following as well: Request Grants Module Access, PI Eligibility Access, and Adding Budget Categories/Keywords to PeopleSoft. “New ChartField Request” and “eRA Commons Registration” will be added soon.
· Oops! The revised Investigator Form was not made fillable with the latest revision. It is fixed now. Thank you for accessing the newest version so promptly, and apologies for the inconvenience.